Monday 7 September 2009

The Yearly Update...

Well, looks like I'm back. For how longer, who knows? So. The past year. It's been quite an odd one, and probably the year which has seen the most change in me. I am still wrestling, and I'd say I'm now a far more confident person. Why, I don't think I could definitively say. After my last post, I stayed with NAW untill Britfest 2008, where I wrestled Dave Williams. Which was a big test as to whether or not returning had been worth it. I managed to get through it just about, but felt the effects of it for weeks afterwards. We had a pretty great match though, so the match itself was definitely worth it.

I didn't wrestle at NAW again untill the 3 Year Anniversary show in October, in which I faced LB Voltage and lost, signalling my exit for a while. I didn't wrestle there again for 6 months. A lengthy break was most definitely needed. Also in October of 2008, I won the WCWe Championship back from The Touch in a triple threat match also featuring Denzel, at our indoor supershow, Halloween Hangover. Not only that, but on a whim, I somehow ended up travelling to Canvey Island and wrestling Ozzy Mayhem at PVW, a small fed LB had started up. It was the match that made me happy with my decision to return to wrestling after Britfest 2007. I'd been wanting the match for 4 years and it didn't disappoint. It was a lot of fun finally getting the chance to wrestle him, and it was a really good match.

I then took the long break, to let my back and knees rest. It worked wonders, as I felt fresh coming back in 2009. I started making a few appearances, at other feds, NWW and PVW again, as Razorwire Ryan. I had dyed my hair blonde at the start of the year, and Farrell started having a go at me for dying it to 'be like Barnesy' which was such a ridiculous comment. So I got together an attire that was quite similar to VooDoo's and started using Razorwire Ryan as a name, which was quite fun and worked well in pissing a few people off(Billy in particular, he HATED it).

Thus I returned to NAW in April 2009 under the name, and began a very good feud with Ads. It was everything we wanted it to be and more. I used my new found confidence or rather, new found lack of insecurity, to really dig myself deep into a couple of promos, which really worked I think. And we ended up having an awesome, if unique, and very bloody match, at Britfest 2009 a couple of months ago.

WCWe started back up again and so far have had a fantastic new run. We did a few ground shows at the Cage arena, invaded NWW for a supershow, and found a new arena with a ringbase in the Marshys garden. I defended the WCWe Championship against pretty much the whole fed and had some matches I REALLY enjoyed(Vs. Blaze, Vs. Denzel, Vs. The Touch, Vs. Dave Williams). Plus I really got set into an ongoing feud with Howler and The Touch over the title which spanned half the year and culminated in a really fun match at our supershow, Last Action Hero.

There was also Heatfest, which was one of the best weeks of my life. In all aspects it was fantastic, I met some great new people, got to see VCW wrestle, and generally be at one of the best/hottest events ever. I had another outing with Alex which was very good, even if I threw up straight after, and helped out the main event of Day 2(the much hyped Old School Vs. New School Tag Match) by taking Dave's place, teaming with Jack Fox, Chris Goodwin and Josh Wall against Farrell, Ads, GBH and Oz. It was an absolute pleasure to have the match in the end. Just a really fun on the fly match, in darkness, with a mad crowd and wrestling against some legends. A very cool moment.

So that just about covers all the wrestling stuff. I was supposed to wrestle on XPB's first pro show, which went really well, but couldn't make it. I hope to make the next one. A lot of other stuff has been going on, but I'm gonna leave it at that for the minute before I deit this page.

Oh, and, it's 5.25AM...I really can't sleep. Am listening to Mogwai's "Young Team" album for the third time in the past 48 hours...still trying to figure out why I like it and why I don't like it...

Insomniacly(Yes, I know that's not a word),
Luke

1 comment:

Alex said...

To what do you attribute this lack of insecurity?